Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Your Young Life is like a Flower in Bloom


In january 1999 Sutee drew my attention to a street vendor with some root plants. It was used by buddhist forest monks to colour their robes, and supposedly coloured your teeth orange for a couple of days if you tasted it. Of course I did.
In summer 2001 AMVK noticed that the root which I had kept in a plastic bag was showing some kind of sprout. I placed it in a pot with some earth and for a long time nothing happened, and then two meager leaves appeared, and a couple of days later a wondrful flower appeared.
On 26 aug 2002, all of a sudden the wonderful flower appeared again. The Young Flower stayed in Bloom for only two days and then completely shriveled up.
I guess I kept the flower somewhere between the pages of a book, but I don't remember where.

No comments: